Saturday, July 17, 2010

"The English Reflections" by Guest Blogger – Wulan Palupi, Indonesia


Wulun has been working as a journalist in Indonesian national newspaper and is now head of International Desk and had been covering economic issues.

I don't know why I come up with this title; it just came across my mind. I am so grateful that I have been given this wonderful opportunity to be here, in the middle of inspiring and talented people. No bullshit, this isn't just a meaningless nice thing that I would like to say. Its substantial.

Being here, in Mosaic International Summit in Cambridge University, one of the best University in the world, with such an energetic and full of energy young people, just really mesmerize me. I feel like all these years I've been throwing away such great opportunities been given to me by not doing my best. And I don't want that to happen again. I remember that I wrote some similar stuff when I was in Japan for scholarship, almost seven years ago writing this sort of reflection. Now I question myself as if I becoming a better person since then?

I'm sorry that this piece of my thought is a little bit emotional and not come out with a good organization. Seeing my new friends here, listening to such an inspiring journey from the speakers sometime almost makes me cry. These people are brave, enthusiastic and believe in their heart that they can make a change. Not all of them have been privileged to do something. They all face many stumbling blocks, I believe they all have some shortcomings in some aspects. But it doesn't stop them to contribute something. Their boldness makes everything possible.

We need those young people with positive thinking, energy, willingness and persistency to take action for their community. This doesn't really mean to be a big shot, it might be small but it can inspire people to do the same, even better. I hope this flame inside our heart doesn’t fade away quickly. I hope it will increase bigger and bigger so that will bring warmth to more people.

Mosaic Summit and the people involved here, my fellow delegates from 18 countries, has taught me an important lesson, something that might be new, but sometime we forget. We all are here in this world for a reason, everyone have a portion to color their life, to make it fruit full to themselves, their surrounding and to the mankind. With all my heart, thank you once again for such a wonderful experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment